Part-Time Healthcare Security Officer (Family Healthcare Network Ivanhoe)
This position is responsible for the safeguarding and security of assets, personnel, customers and all visitors
- Patrol healthcare and commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion; and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Answer alarms and investigation disturbances.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information.
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary.
- Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas.
- Escort individuals to specific locations and to provide personal protection.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three to six Months related experience and/or training.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts in high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
THE ABOVE DECLARATIONS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN “ALL-INCLUSIVE” LIST OF THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB DESCRIBED OR OF THE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE JOB. RATHER, THEY ARE INTENDED ONLY TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB.
How to ApplyStart by calling our 24-hour answering service at: (559) 636-0735 or by self-scheduling your interview time at https://onsitesecurity.genbook.com/ We will return your call during normal business hours to schedule an appointment.
272 total views, 1 today